Blockchain Oscar 2017 will be held in two parts. The first part will take place online for three days, March 2-4. Six most promising Blockchain startups will be shortlisted and invited to participate in the second part of the competition in Munich, where they will have a chance to pitch their ideas from the main stage of BlockShow Europe 2017 and be awarded €13000.
The true value of the competition is not in making a quick buck but rather in getting a unique opportunity to experience the realia of the Blockchain business and learn how to run it, bring it to success and grow further on. Our experts are top-notch professionals in developing and launching a great variety of startups. They will be overseeing the short-listed projects helping them in preparing pitches and giving advice on the future development.
The winners will be chosen in 4 categories and awarded at BlockShow Europe 2017 in Munich.
- The Most Innovative Blockchain Startup – to be awarded with 5000 EUR worth in BTC
- The Most Valuable For Humanity – to receive 5000 EUR worth in Humaniq tokens
- People’s Choice 1st Prize – to be awarded by Wings with 2 BTC and 10000 EUR of crowdfunding consulting services
- People’s Choice 2nd Prize – to be awarded by Wings with 1 BTC and 5000 EUR of crowdfunding consulting services
- People’s Choice 3rd Prize – to be awarded by Wings with 0,5 BTC and 2500 EUR of crowdfunding consulting services
We are still getting together the board of experts who will judge and select the participants. The full list of experts will be announced soon.
The competition has been held for 3 days online. The finals will take place at BlockShow Europe 2017 on April 6.
Please see the detailed webinar schedule:
Time: 2PM (CET)
- Addy Crezee (CEO CoinTelegraph Events)
- Chandler Guo (Bitcoin & Ethereum Angel Investor)
- Mike Dupree (Founder at Denver Bitcoin Center)
- Richard Kastelein (CMO at Humaniq)
CoinDash is social trading platform specific for crypto assets. Built as a social network where users can follow top crypto investors, invest like them and learn from them. Coupled with advanced crypto portfolio management tools, CoinDash removes the barrier of entry for investing in crypto assets, bringing it to mainstream adoption.
SolarChange gathers a network of services and applications to improve and increase the use of solar energy worldwide and provide solar owners with more value from their systems. SolarChange’s SolarCoin is a reward program that is coupled to the production of clean solar energy. SolarCoin, based on blockchain technology, allows green-energy producers to get a reward for their contribution to the planet.
SolarChange also provides verified, multi-sourced insights and predictions for a variety of applications including residential energy efficiency and grid-scale energy management.
Shelf Network is a solution for multichannel auctioning. Through distributed ledger technology, providing simultaneous real time bidding and momentous exchange of information between multiple e-commerce webpages.
Ethan IoT Platform is a full-stack soft- and hardware Platform for the Blockchain. It solves challenges of reliability, scalability, security and remote management which are common to all verticals, control of devices e.g. Door Locks, home automation, automotive and lot more.
Status is a free (libre) and open source mobile client targeting Android & iOS built, entirely on Ethereum technologies.
Thanks to the new protocols Ethereum has introduced, there’s a whole new ecosystem of applications being developed that are completely decentralised (also known as DApps), and Status aims to provide a user interface to access them. These decentralized applications remove the need for middlemen and centralised servers, providing a clear path forward towards an internet where users get to own their own data, and an economy built on permissionless, open protocols.
Etherisc’s mission is to build decentralized insurance applications, making the purchase and sale of insurance more efficient, enable lower operational costs, provide greater transparency into the industry of insurance compared to traditional operations, and democratize access to reinsurance investments.
If you want to have a look at the list of the companies that took part in the competition, please find it here:
What is Humaniq?
Humaniq is a unique project that represents an innovative model of banking targeted specifically for people not connected to global financial system for political, legal, geographic or/and other reasons.
It is an Ethereum-based startup, which goal is to connect over 1 billion of the unbanked to global economy via cryptocurrencies and smart contracts.
It is the next generation financial system which includes:
- Blockchain bank as a platform for financial services,
- Biometric smartphone app that replaces passports, signatures, passwords.
How it works?
A new kind of a mobile bank is the key element of Humaniq.
- For customers to create a wallet and use the system, Humaniq will employ facial and vocal biometric recognition technology. Such algorithms are extremely secure and illiminate the need for passwords.
Humaniq mobile app will be able to work just fine on all types of smartphones, even the cheapest ones.
- Absolutely anyone from anywhere, even with poor education and no technical skills at all, will be able to become a global bank client in just seconds with nothing more than a simple smartphone.
I hope we’ve managed to catch your attention, and we dare to believe that you might have an ace idea of how we can make this project a success together.
The date of ICO: April 6, 2017
WINGS is a blockchain platform that seeds and nurtures a community dedicated to the launching, backing and promotion of new projects proposals through a fluid organizational model referred to as a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO).